For any person, especially a professional, it will always be much more comfortable if the tools are in their place and they will be easy to find. However, it is not always possible to store tools in a clear order, since neither differs from the other, they are quite different, and not everyone knows what is better to store what. In the guide down below we will help you to understand how to organize portable tool box.
You may also like: 11 Best Portable Tool Boxes (Comparison & Reviews)
First, you need to figure out what kind of storage for tools there are:
1. Portable toolbox: such devices are as convenient as possible since they exist in different sizes and in different price categories. Also, such boxes always have compartments with fasteners for each tool, so they will all be stored in their place
2. Tool bags: they can be more compact than tool cases, but not always convenient (most tool bags have compartments for each individual tool, but do not have fasteners, therefore, tools often fall out and get confused with each other
You may also like: 9 Best Portable Garden Hose Reels (Comparison & Reviews)
3. Tool cases: such devices are usually used by professionals, as they contain much more tools, and at the same time have compartments for each key and screwdriver.
- A few recommendations for storing tools:
- To organize the storage of tools, first of all, you need to allocate a separate place/drawer/case for this, so that the tools do not get confused by themselves.
- Next, it is necessary to provide separate pockets or fasteners for each tool, or at least for different groups of tools
- Also, it is worth considering the size of the tools so that they do not overlap with others.
You may also like: 13 Best Portable Home Server Racks (Comparison & Reviews)
In addition, some users give another very useful recommendation:
1. Try to divide the tools into those that you use often and those that you hardly use
2. Arrange the sorted tools in this order: often used closer, and rarely used – away so that there is no clutter
Moreover, there are some more tips from professionals:
- It is better to store larger tools in the lower parts of tool bags and cases because this way you can make the structure containing the tools more stable. Many containers and boxes contain large compartments from the bottom for just such purposes
- Try to arrange smaller tools by size to create some visibility and convenience in finding the right tool
- Many also recommend spending an hour of your time on numbering and naming tools (this simple method is suitable for those who are not particularly versed in tools), and then when you open the repository, you will always know exactly what to look for.
Also, professionals are often advised to put repair mixes, construction thickeners, or instant glue in personal compartments to avoid contamination of other tools if liquid mixtures spill out of the package.
You may also like: 6 Best Portable Oxy-Acetylene Torch Kits (Comparison & Reviews)
It should be understood that the organization of tools is a rather long and difficult process, especially for those who are not professionals in this field. However, if you can spend a couple of hours of your time on this, then you will no longer have to face confusion in individual tools, as well as other unpleasant situations.
F.A.Q. about the portable toolboxes
How much do portable toolboxes weigh?
Obviously, that depends on its size. It can weigh 3 or 5 pounds, or in other cases, it can weigh up to 20 pounds. Moreover, take into consideration the contents of a portable toolbox.
How do I clean a portable toolbox?
The majority of those can be cleaned with a damp cloth and a little detergent. Try not to scrub the surface of the toolbox while you’re cleaning.
What if I broke my toolbox?
Depends on the damage you’ve done. Some parts can be replaced if you send a request to the manufacturer, or you can try to repair it on your own by finding similar parts and screws.