A dishwasher is an indispensable assistant in modern life. But unfortunately, despite all the advantages, this car has one rather significant minus – because of its impressive size, it does not fit everywhere.
But even this problem has a solution – a portable dishwasher! Sometimes this device is also called a desktop dishwasher. The portable dishwasher is much smaller than its full-size version.
You may also like: 9 Best Portable Washing Machines (Comparison & Reviews)
If you have already become the owner of this useful device – congratulations! Do you have a question about how to hook up a portable dishwasher? The answers are here.
Although the installation principle is approximately the same, in this article we will consider the installation principle on several models: Whynter EnergyStar, Bosch SKS50E32, and Weissgrauff TDW 4017 D.
How to Install a Whynter Energy Star Dishwasher:
- First of all, you need to know – you can install the machine exclusively on a flat surface (this point is fundamentally important for installing a device of any company)
- Bring the dishwasher pipe system to the drain point (siphon). Install the end of the drain hose into the fitting on the siphon. Make sure that the hose is not squeezed anywhere.
- Connect the dishwasher to the water supply. It can be connected to both cold and hot water flow, but it is better to abandon the second option. There is a large number of mechanical impurities in hot water.
- Next, you need to connect the device to the power supply network. Any dishwasher is connected to a regular outlet with a voltage of 220 volts.
- Install the machine as close as possible to the outlet, since it is strictly forbidden to use an extension cord for wires.
You may also like: 7 Best Portable Clothes Dryers (Comparison & Reviews)
How to install a Bosch SKS50E32 dishwasher:
- Install the device on a flat and clean surface.
- Connect the dishwasher pipes to the water supply. Before performing this step, be sure to turn off the water! Direct the filling hose of the machine to the outlet of the flow filter and connect them.
- Bring the pipe system to the drain point (siphon) in the same way as in the first case. Make sure that the dishwasher hose is not squeezed.
- Unlike the previous model, a special heating element is built into this machine. Therefore, it is necessary to connect the dishwasher of this model exclusively to a source of cold water.
- Connect the device to the power supply.
- Done! We recommend that you run test dishwashing after installing the device. This will allow you to make sure that you have done everything correctly and that the machine is working properly.
You may also like: 13 Best Portable Microwaves for Car (Comparison & Reviews)
How to install the Weissgauff TDW 4017 D dishwasher:
- Place the dishwasher on a flat and clean surface.
- Connect the machine to the water supply. Pre-shut off the water supply. A water heater is installed in the dishwasher of this model, so connect the hose exclusively to the cold water supply system. The water will flow into the device under its own pressure.
- Connect the dishwasher to the water drain system (siphon). The used water is discharged into the sewer using a drain pump. The connection point to the sewer should not be higher than the level specified in the instructions.
- Connect the device to the power supply. The most common 220 Volt outlet is suitable for this.
You may also like: 12 Best Portable Camping Sinks For Any Budget
F.A.Q. about the portable dishwashers
Do you need to be around to turn the faucet off once it has filled the dishwasher?
You don’t. however, we wouldn’t recommend leaving the portable dishwasher running on its own.
How long does a wash cycle last for a portable dishwasher?
It depends on a certain model, but most portable dishwashers have a cycle of 60 to 150 minutes.
Does a portable dishwasher use a lot more water than hand washing?
Many people tend to think that the dishwasher consumes much more water than a regular washing with your hands, however, this isn’t correct. Sometimes the dishwasher requires as twice less water as you would need when washing everything yourself.
Can I just use cold water for the washing cycle?
You can, but the process won’t be that effective.